DroidEdit is a text and source code editor for android phone and tablets with the following features:
- Several color themes
- Cancellations and infinite restorations
- Search and replace
- Automation of indentation and blocks
- Keep open files and changes between sessions
- Opening files directly from Dropbox or a file manager
- Character encoding support
- Keyboard shortcuts (List below)
- Sharing documents with other services (dropbox, email ...)
- Previewing HTML files in a browser
- Bracket matching
- Line break
- Execution of scripts in SL4A directly.
- Configurable shortcuts
The Pro version also includes:
- SFTP support (not FTP)
- Dropbox, Drive, Box Support
- Customizable themes
- Execution of external commands through SSh
- Root mode
Using different character encodings:
- To open a document whose character encoding differs from the default: long press on the "Open file" button
- To create a document whose character encoding differs from the default one: long press the "New file" button
- You can keep these default settings in the preferences screen.
A long press on the "Save Document" button allows you to save a document with a different name
DroidEdit is especially useful for new generations of Android tablets with external keyboards such as Asus Transformer Prime.
Try Hacker's keyboard for a developer friendly virtual keyboard.
You should try the free version of DroidEdit (with advertising insertion) before buying this application. It has exactly the same features as the paid version except SFTP support, Dropbox, customizable themes and root mode.
Please, evaluate the application on the Market. For any bug report, feature request, or any other subject, please contact us at the following coordinates:
Mail: droideditapp (at) gmail.com
User Feedback: https://droidedit.uservoice.com/